Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bunkers

Greetings! 2011 was a hard year on my physical body. Most of the year I was in pain. Posting was the last thing on my mind. Surgery to start 2012 and now I am better.
Here is a little project we did in January. Being empty nesters we had a closet to spare. For a long time I had removed the bi-fold doors and had a counter top nestled in the closet so the girls could use it when they were visiting to do makeup and hair. New Year's Eve we had all 4 of the grandchildren with not enough bedding for the small tykes. So I convinced Slick to let me do a project that I longed to do. Bunk beds in the closet complete with TV/DVD players in each bed.

My bedding in the room is this floral print which I love. I gravitate to monkeys even though the material does not have monkeys in it, it implies there could be a monkey or two around, tee hee hee! So what to match this?

Of course bring in monkeys! I found a fun and playful print of nothing but monkeys! My precious mother made the bedding for me. It all turned out so fun and my grand kids love it!
We left the opening moulding in place as it matches the closet just beside it. Used the closet light as a power source and installed a plug-in at the end of each bed for a night light and the TV/DVD unit.
Finished each cubby off with a cute saying! Top one says "smile like a monkey with a new banana" and the bottom one says "be as fun as a barrel of monkeys."
Two drawers under the bottom bunk and a cute ladder complete our closet transformation!


No comments: