Monday, January 7, 2013

Five Fifty

Church this morning, lunch out, and nap on the couch. Typical Sunday afternoon.

  • 5:00 p.m. Laying here watching [on and off] a show about 9/11 and thinking of a hundred excuses not to get up.
  • 5:20 p.m. Thought of more and different reasons for not getting up. "I will get up in a minute" I tell myself, hubby and the dog.
  • 5:30 p.m. Show is suddenly getting interesting. Thougt of more reasons not to get up. "A few minutes more" I promise!
  • 5:45 p.m. Really want to finish this television program.
  • 5:50 p.m. I am UP! Muttering under my breath about getting old and bones and aches and all sorts of other nonsense that I can think of to complain about.
  • 6:00 p.m. The reason I get up, CYF [Christian Youth Fellowship] at the Church. "Thank God we don't have to drive across town or encounter traffic" I console myself, trying to look on the bright side.
  • 6:05 p.m. They start arriving, fresh faces, open attitudes and 'Smiles'! A diverse group, that I love! I love being exposed to different ages, thinking, and cultures. They don't disappoint me! Each one offers something unique to the group. I pray they celebrate their differences and accept each other willingly. Sometimes, I just look at each face and thank God that he has put them in my life.
  • 7:00 p.m. I have been abundantly blessed by their presence! I am grateful to God, them, and their parents for allowing me a minute into their lives!

5:50 p.m. GO TIME! 


The incomparable AJ! No one like her!

 
We are called Praise and Puppets [P~N~P]. At our Church Christmas Eve Service , the kids were the puppets in the production of "The Meaning of Christmas"/Puppets Don't Get Presents!
Meet the Cast:
The Amazing Adrian!
The Delightful Dalia!
The Remarkable Roberto!
And The Crazy Kathy!                                                   

Roberto, Corey, Zackary and Adrian.


Aron, Roberto, Kathy and Marvelous Ms. Bobbie!

No comments: