Friday, February 4, 2011

Hurrah for 29! That is degrees above zero Fahrenheit! We have been in the minus degrees for most of the week so this little above zero feels wonderful! Normally we have cold spells that never last over a day and never get this cold. When the weather breaks from the norm, people complain. [Including me!]

The other night I was home by 6 pm (which is rare). It occurred to me that I did have something to be thankful for even if it was 34 below zero (chill factor)! It was 6 pm and still daylight! Yay! Spring is coming.

To connect the thoughts.... tee hee hee my mind moves randomly! Spring makes me want to be outside and have flowers growing and day dreaming!

When it get spring, notice I said when because it will, we will start on the plans we have for our backyard. A 70 mph north wind this winter TKO'ed [technically knocked out] one of my outdoor decorations. A large multi-plated freestanding window. I am sad over that loss.

I have a picture (actually a copy of a picture that I begged a receptionist at a doctor's office to make for me but right now I can't find the darn thing!) that I would love for us to build over a concrete slab in the southeast corner of the yard. An outdoor fireplace is definitely in the plans. Love this fireplace setting.


I am day dreaming......

2 comments:

Keely said...

I'm sad that you lost your window too. I'm excited to sit out on your screened in patio though--no bugs! We can eat out there!

ReRe said...

yes we can and will party on the patio, bug free!