Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blue Party!

I am hosting a party for my investment club. We are known as the Blue Chip Investment Club. Like everyone else that owns stocks, we have had our ups and downs. Right now most stocks we own are heading up! Wooo Hoooo!

Our monthly meetings are enjoyable and relaxed. One meeting I would say that we might have been a little tense because we bought guns (Textron Inc) and booze (Budweiser)! What is that saying 'Don't mess with me. I have PMS and a gun'? That could have been us! But for the most part we are a happy group and laugh a lot. We have sold the Bud and unfortunately that Textron is so far in the tank [pardon the pun] that we can't sell it!

Any way back to the party planning. I am planning on decorating and serving 'blue' items. Like this Blue Martini and Blue Margarita.


Blue Martini Recipe Ingredients

60ml (or approx 2 oz) Vodka
15ml (or approx � oz) Blue Curacao Liqueur
10ml (or approx � oz) lime juice
small wedge of lemon or lime
6 ice cubes

Blue Margarita recipe



1 1/2 oz 1800® Tequila
1 oz
Blue Curacao liqueur
1 oz
lime juice
coarse
salt
I also have purchased Blue Corn Whiskey from Balcones Distillery in Waco, Texas, thanks to my nephew Ryan.

I am looking for recipes that would go with my theme. There is blue crab, blue cheese, blue corn chips, etc? Can you suggest some recipes to go with my blue theme.

2 comments:

Keely said...

I thought this blue cheese dip recipe sounded good.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Season with mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in blue cheese. Cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.

ReRe said...

uumm that does sound yummy!