Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Who's God?

Sunday evening I was visiting with my Meish and we were discussing where God came from. That lead us to the Scripture to seek answers. We went to Job where Job was asking God about why things were happening. Job 30:20 "I cry to you, O God, but you don't answer. I stand before you, but you don't even look." God's reply was to Job was were you there when God created the earth? Was Job there when God designed the measurements and the core? Was Job there when God sent back the waters? Job 38:4 "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. Who determined its dimensions and stretched out the surveying line?" Job had to answer no. Job 40:3 "Then Job replied to the LORD, I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand." But why did God never explain things? Surely there was some one He could have conversed with. Why not tell them? The answer is simple. Job tells us in Job 42:3 "You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me." Humans are not capable of understanding God and God's knowledge.
The human thought process might be some what skewed! In Siesta Summer Bible Study 2012, Kelly Minter told of her precious niece being shown pictures of children in the Amazon that have little to no food or clothing. After her neice heard of the need, the little girl excitedly began to tell mother of a wonderful idea! To give her brother's clothing to them! When asked about giving the little girl's personal clothing, the little girl was confused as to why she would want to do that? We are no different than the little girl. We want the freedom to do as we please but we do not want God to give the same freedom of choice to others. But God gave the choice to everyone while at the same time knowing that He would have to make a tremendous sacrifice. That sacrifice would give mankind a way out of the mess He knew we would create! That makes me thankful I am not God and thankful He is!

No comments: