Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hanging On!

I heard a song on the radio (XM radio, Praise channel) and it was saying something like "I'm going to never let go." For some reason I started thinking about the relationship between God and humans, more definitive between God and me.

Peter is a good human example for what man (or woman) can or can not do. When Christ said that He would be betrayed, Peter [just like any of us would have done] said 'not me.' Then Christ said that Peter would deny him three times. Peter confessed his loyality and resolved not to do that. But of course we know Peter did just what Christ had said he would do.

But just like the song we can vow to not let go but when tested but then we find ourselves in Peter's shoes. The very thing we do not want to do is the thing we do! It brought the fraility of humanity to my mind. We can choose to hang on to Christ but the truth is unless God reaches down to us we are not capable of accomplishing the task.

For this today, I thank God that He reaches down to us thru His Son Jesus Christ. Oh what a great love He has for us.

No comments: