Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trees!


My mother gave me this Family Circus cartoon recently. Anyone who has ever taken our precious mutt, Captain on a potty break will relate to this! Captain feels adamantly that every tree is in need of his attention. That is fine when I have nothing else to do.

But when we are traveling and I let him go first, not a good thing at all. While I stand there willing myself to wait and doing whatever I can do, not to think about my personal dilemma, he is sniffing every tree. He doesn't care that one little drop out of my swollen bladder will release a tidal wave that will embarrass the heck out of me! No, onto the next tree. Oh wait! there was a blade of grass that needed a squirt too! Finally I will drag him back to the car and run like mad for the ladies room!

Captain has provided many other embarrassing moments for me. Once while I was filling the car with gas, Mother was taking him to potty. He runs and gets into the car of these two strange guys! They looked like they were traveling gypsies for the back seat was piled high with clothes, to which he promptly jumped up on and laid down! I had to drag his butt out, and did I mention, they did not speak English!

Another time, I was smuggling him into a hotel in a bag. Would he stay still in the bagl? No! Had to poke that head out! I was so busted! The girls were with me -- NOT helping, by laughing so hard to call even more attention to my crime!

I really do love him and take him with me most every where I go, but he has his days where he can be a p-i-t-a!

No comments: