Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The No-You-Are-Not-Worth-Millions-Of-Dollars Tax Plan

Recently in a conversation it was said the down fall of Wall Street started with the unreasonable salaries of Pro-athletes and Actors/Actresses.

Whoa! "What" I asked.

The reply was, think about it. You have people working on Wall Street with degrees from the finest and most competitive Universities in America if not the world. And they were making 100K to 500K. Which to most of us sounds like a lot of money. But then compare that to an uneducated (maybe high school diploma) athlete making in the tens of millions at 18 years of age! "How would you feel," they asked me.

I have thought about this for months.

Lately the very rich have suffered hits to the riches. But do I see the Athletes and Actors/Actresses taking pay cuts or income cuts like the rest of the world? No! They still receive ungodly payments and unheard of perks for just showing up.

GM has cut sponsorship of the Buick Open and NASCAR, just to name a few events. But no need to worry about the golfing world. Someone has already stepped in to be the sponsor for next year.

However, Golf is one of the sports where the salaries are not-that-over-the-top ridiculous. And NASCAR, I don't know how much the driver gets to keep. But I do know about basketball, football and baseball. The salaries are not justifiable. Look there, Mr. President and tax those ungodly high salaries of those individuals earning in the tens of millions! Call it your No-You-Are-Not-Worth-Millions-Of-Dollars Tax plan!

I realise some of them do charity work and have foundations so don't get on me about that. But when I hear that Britany spent 32K for bras and panties in an afternoon of shopping! I cringe! When I hear of the amounts of money being wasted on drugs and alcohol because the athlete could not handle overnight wealth. Well cry me a river!

When will the recession reach the ridiculous high pay of those in the entertainment world?

And no, I do not support all the crooks on Wall Street either!

No comments: